Sometimes you want to just treat your staff or friends for no particular reason. Irene Dairy Farm welcomes group bookings, be it a breakfast, working lunch or an afternoon braai, and we have various venues with a range of menus to suit all pockets and palates to boot.
Situated in a 120 year old barn building, this venue offers the ideal farm feel. With a 100 guest capacity, banquet style, the buffet area is available in the adjacent room.
The most popular area on our farm is this open reception area shaded by giant oak trees and comprising of 12 seat benches, seating 120 guest capacity.
Ideal for a larger wedding, this venue has a banquet style 300 guest capacity with a dancefloor and a 350 guest capacity without.
Our Nomadic Tent option offers 150 guest capacity, banquet style.
Please note that our inside venues are available from Monday to Saturday, 08h00 to 17h00. Our outside venues are available from Monday to Fridays, 08h00 to 17h00.
If you would like to book one of our venues or a table for your group booking, please do so here.
The next step in arranging a successful function is the menu choice. Have a look at our options below and feel free to contact us should you have any further queries or dietary requirements that you would like to discuss.
Menu options include:
Further to this, other things to keep in mind include the following:
- Music – Light music is permitted at our outside venues and lounder music may be played at our indoor venue.
- Cashless environment – All our premises are cashless environments therefore only credit and debit cards are accepted to ensure a safer experience for all our guests.
- Credit card authorisation – Credit card authorisation will be required upon arrival for any additional extras and all accounts are to be settled in full on departure.
We look forward to helping you host a fabulous function.
Venue hire includes the following:
- Tables (round tables with a maximum of 10 guests per table where benches aren’t used)
- Chairs (where benches aren’t provided)
- Crockery, cutlery and glassware
- White tablecloths (for round tables) and napkins
- White Carlton chair covers (where benches aren’t used)
- Waiter and bar service
- Setup/breakdown days
- Draping (Supplier list is provided)
- All beverages
- Irene Dairy Farm has several buffet menus available from R140 per person upwards
- Irene Dairy Farm is licensed to sell beer, wine and soft drinks (no spirits will be sold)
- Guests are not permitted to bring their own liquor onto the premises without prior arrangement and a corkage fee of R55 per bottle of wine or champagne that is brought in.
Please take note of the following terms and conditions:
- Children between the ages of 6 and 12 years old will be charged half price and children under 6 years old will be free of charge.
- The Irene Dairy Farm closes at 18h00 and if you wish to continue your reception after this time then an additional overtime charge of R1 500 per hour will apply and will automatically be added to your account. Please note that extended hours after closing time will only be permitted with prior arrangement.
- Use of the venue booked applies to 8 hours of venue hire and any additional time used after the initial 8 hours will be charged at an overtime rate of R1 000 per hour. This will be automatically added to your account.
- A 50% deposit of the total quotation is required to secure the booking. Cancellation of your function will be charged accordingly.
- A 7.5% gratuity on food sales will be charged.
- The client is responsible for the guest seating plan and guest list.
- Guests are not permitted to bring liquor onto the premises. A corkage fee of R55 per bottle will be charged for wines and sparkling wines bought onto the premises by the client. No spirits are allowed onto the premises.
- No fireworks will be allowed on the property.
- No sellotape, nails, prestick, glue or staples are to be used in the venues or any other areas of the property.
- Any loss or damage to farm property, ie. linen, tables or furniture will be charged to the client’s account.
- The menu for the client’s function is to be finalised 14 days prior to the function.
- Please inform any outside suppliers used on the day (ie. décor, florist, music, etc) that Irene Dairy Farm does not accept responsibility for any loss or damage to their property/equipment.
- Any draping and décor used is to be removed by the décor company on the same day as the function.
- Please inform florist suppliers that the Irene Dairy Farm does not provide working tables or vases and is not responsible for cleaning arrangements after setup.
- All rates are subject to change without prior notification.
IMPORTANT – PLEASE NOTE:
Irene Dairy Farm is a cashless environment. All major credit and debit cards are accepted. Only food and beverages purchased at The Dairy Shop or Restaurants may be consumed on the farm.