Irene Dairy Farm is the perfect place for your farm styled wedding. Once you’ve chosen your ideal venue option, it’s time to start planning the fun stuff such as menus, décor, music, hair and make-up and much more.
Our wide range of menu options will ensure that you and your guests wine and dine to their hearts content. Whether it’s a breakfast, brunch, lunch or something simpler like tea and cake after a mid-morning ceremony, we have a range of menu options so suit your day. Have a look at our options below and feel free to contact us should you have any further queries or dietary requirements that you would like to discuss.
Menu options include:
With your venue and menu sorted, we highly recommend a wedding planner to assist you in ensuring the rest of the arrangements for your day are perfect. Our event co-ordinators can guide you to the best suppliers in the business. Please see our list of preferred suppliers here. (Please note that these suppliers are merely recommended and we do not accept responsibility for any work undertaken by them.)
If you prefer to do all the planning yourself, we have found a comprehensive wedding checklist for you to ensure you are well prepared for your perfect day.
Further to this, other things to keep in mind include the following:
- Photo opportunities – All wedding guests are welcome to enjoy the opportunity to have their memories captured anywhere on our premises.
- Music – Light music is permitted at our outside venues and lounder music may be played at our indoor venue.
- Cashless environment – All our premises are cashless environments therefore only credit and debit cards are accepted to ensure a safer experience for all our guests.
- Credit card authorisation – Credit card authorisation will be required upon arrival for any additional extras and all accounts are to be settled in full on departure.
Our experienced management team are fully equipped to host your wedding reception to your specifications and requirements. We will schedule a final meeting between you and the team two weeks prior to your big day in order to finalise all requirements that will make your day memorable.
We look forward to welcoming you to your farm styled wedding without having to leave the city.
Please take note of the following terms and conditions:
- Children between the ages of 6 and 12 years old will be charged half price and children under 6 years old will be free of charge.
- The Irene Dairy Farm closes at 18h00 and if you wish to continue your reception after this time then an additional overtime charge of R1 500 per hour will apply and will automatically be added to your account. Please note that extended hours after closing time will only be permitted with prior arrangement.
- Use of the venue booked applies to 8 hours of venue hire and any additional time used after the initial 8 hours will be charged at an overtime rate of R1 000 per hour. This will be automatically added to your account.
- A 50% deposit of the total quotation is required to secure the booking. Cancellation of your function will be charged accordingly.
- A 7.5% gratuity on food sales will be charged.
- The client is responsible for the guest seating plan and guest list.
- Guests are not permitted to bring liquor onto the premises. A corkage fee of R55 per bottle will be charged for wines and sparkling wines bought onto the premises by the client. No spirits are allowed onto the premises.
- No fireworks will be allowed on the property.
- No sellotape, nails, prestick, glue or staples are to be used in the venues or any other areas of the property.
- Any loss or damage to farm property, ie. linen, tables or furniture will be charged to the client’s account.
- The menu for the client’s function is to be finalised 14 days prior to the function.
- Please inform any outside suppliers used on the day (ie. décor, florist, music, etc) that Irene Dairy Farm does not accept responsibility for any loss or damage to their property/equipment.
- Any draping and décor used is to be removed by the décor company on the same day as the function.
- Please inform florist suppliers that the Irene Dairy Farm does not provide working tables or vases and is not responsible for cleaning arrangements after setup.
- The use of wedding rice and paper confetti is not permitted. Flower petals and bubbles are acceptable.
- All rates are subject to change without prior notification.
- Irene Dairy Farm offers daytime wedding packages available from Monday to Saturday. Please note that Irene Dairy Farm closes at 18h00 every day and all guests are required to vacate the premises by 18h00.
IMPORTANT – PLEASE NOTE:
Irene Dairy Farm is a cashless environment. All major credit and debit cards are accepted. Only food and beverages purchased at The Dairy Shop or Restaurants may be consumed on the farm.